Concrete core drilling is a quick, safe, and quiet method of drilling the concrete structure. Skilled and expert technicians use advanced drilling equipment to create holes and openings in walls, slabs, and columns for various applications. If you don't know how concrete core drilling works, we have got you covered. In this blog post, we'll share all the important things that you should know before hiring professional services for concrete core drilling.
Concrete Core Drilling Process Explained
Right core drilling tools, extensive knowledge, and skilled technicians are required to perform concrete core drilling to create circular holes. But, how does it work? Let's understand the whole process of concrete core drilling.
1. In the first step, GPR concrete scanning is used to locate the elements beneath the concrete structure. The inspection of concrete structures is essential before concrete core drilling.
2. Technicians choose the equipment and set up the tool to create a precise circular opening based on the surface.
3. The equipment is connected to the power source, and depending on the capability of the equipment and requirement of the project, the circular openings from 1" to 60" diameter are created. The equipment is capable of making both precise holes and circular openings in concrete.
Applications of Concrete Core Drilling
Concrete core drilling is an important process for any construction or renovation project. As mentioned earlier, it is used to create circular openings in the concrete structure. The important applications of concrete core drilling are mentioned below.
- Utility Penetrations
- Water Pipes
- Sewer Lines
- Air Circulation
- Phone Lines
- HVAC Openings
- Computer Lines
- Aggregate Analysis
So, all these things require a hole through the concrete or aggregate, and concrete core drilling helps in creating such holes.
Cost of Concrete Core Drilling
The cost of concrete core drilling depends on various factors, and it varies according to the size of the project. The important factors that affect the cost of a project include –
1. Location – The geographical and site location of the project affects the cost of core drilling. If the location is easily accessible, you can expect a lower cost.
2. Size – The size of the hole you want to drill on a concrete structure is another factor that affects the project's cost. Advanced core drilling tools can help create holes up to 60" in diameter.
3. Time – Concrete core drilling can be done in a few hours, days, or several weeks. If the time frame is more, the expense of core drilling will also increase.
4. Equipment – If you choose high-quality and powerful drilling tools, it may cost more.
5. Material – Most importantly, the type of material you want to drill affects the cost of the core drilling. If the material is hard, it may take more time more powerful equipment, which ultimately results in increased core drilling expenses.
Find a Professional Concrete Core Drilling Company
Now, you know all the essential things about concrete core drilling. The last and crucial step is choosing a reliable concrete core drilling company to get the best services. You can rely on the team of talented concrete coring technicians of Concrete Insight for top-quality services at competitive prices.